Author Topic: What do you want to do when you grow up, or what do you do?  (Read 12341 times)

Offline Ben

• Stranger
Re: What do you want to do when you grow up, or what do you do?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 18:27:58 pm »
Got an interview with a company tomorrow. If I manage to get the placement, I'll be doing:

ITIL (foundation practitioner certificate)
ICEB (Project Management)
Microsoft Certified Applications Developer status
Prince 2
BSc Computing and IT Practice

:hoor:

Offline Nexxt

• Stranger
  • A random penguin..
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 21:01:34 pm »
Hmm, grown up.. when I am grown up. Even though I am 19 years old right now, I would not consider myself grown up as I still have to ability to learn a lot of things regarding my future job and life.

Let's say a little bit about the past, I used to work at a Dutch department store called "HEMA". It basically is a store which has a wide varation of products; from clothes to food.
After I finished my school and quit my job there I started to work at Starbucks, I bet most of you guys know about Starbucks. It's a heck of a nice company to work at but it gets boring after several months...

As last I applied for a job at the Dutch railways, when I was young trains were something which took my interests and I always wanted to work around this area. I have been accepted into the job and got a short course to become a full train manager (also known as conductor) at the Dutch railways. It was an epic job, I get to see my whole country, I am in contact with a lot of people and to be honest, the job is quite easy if people are just acting normal (yeah, agression happened a lot..). My job gave me a new oppertunity recently to get another function within the company, I am not doing a course to become a traindriver, something which I always wanted to become. So yeah, this is basically what I wanna do in the future and I doubt I would see any reason stop doing it; even the suicidal people who might get you upset for a period, but I think my motivation is big enough to be able to deal with that.

I hope it gave some more ideas of my life and my future (:

Offline Steve McGarrett

• Stranger
  • Youtube: AtticusTv
  • Aloha
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 22:43:26 pm »
Nice one Nexxt :)

Myself, I am currently studying psychology, jurisprudence, geology, media and communication as sub-division of Study Specialization. I got 4 different alternatives. On my spare time I am spending much time training, airsoft, gaming and hanging out with friends basically.

and as I stated, the 4 alternatives: police officer/federal agent, lawyer, film producer or designer. Not quite sure of designing yet, but I am mostly positive for police/federal agent.

I got trust in the police work because I've been honored by saving a life from the drowning dead twice. One out on the sea with my boat and one in a pool in the middle of the night. Both happened when I was 13-14 years old. So, I thought about submitting an applique by providing these evidences with diploma.

However, by going into the police force/agency. I thought about moving to U.S.A and probably become a U.S Navy Soldier there(as my father did) and then graduate to F.B.I via there or the police force.

Lawyer am I already working on by studying jurisprudence and Designer goes via Media and Communication sub-division, the same with Film Producer.

That's my 4 alternative future plans :)

GTA, including images, characters and logos are intellectual property from Rockstar Games. Rockstar Games is a registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal