Author Topic: [R*] Application - JDC  (Read 356 times)

Offline JDC

• Stranger
  • Pope of Argonath
    • Argonath Express News Archives
[R*] Application - JDC
« on: February 02, 2021, 23:29:06 pm »
Ingame nickname:
- JDC. (Argo), JDC (Paruni)

On which Argonath servers are you active:
- Argo SA:MP (Formerly MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Paruni SA:MP

What is your Argonath Forums profile link:
- JDC

Real age:
- 27, turning 28 this year

General gaming experience (days/months/years):
- Been gaming since the early 2000's; my favorites are the Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Command and Conquer, Left 4 Dead, and Prototype franchises. Also into RTS games, zombie and other apocalypse games, and world-builders like Minecraft and Cities:Skylines.

Argonath gaming experience (days/months/years):
- Joined in 2008, spent some years inactive due to RL (university and job after)

Have you ever been banned on one of the Argonath servers:
- Only once in MTA:VC in 2008 as as newbie, for illegally modding the seawater to explore the map. Since then, no bans.

Rate your RPG skills:
- My RP is based on three things: 1.) creativity, 2.) prioritizing interaction with others, and 3.) having fun. This is the worldview that has evolved through my years in law enforcement, civilian, and (now) criminal RP. I enjoy(ed) playing roles that are 'traditional' (police / FBI / drug dealer), out-of-this-world (mad scientist, crazy alien), and others less-travelled (journalist, now Pope).

I still believe that scripts are not the basis of RP, but merely tools to bring out what you have to offer to other players and the community, limited only by the creativity/imagination within you and others around you. However, nowadays my focus is on helping others enjoy (and enjoying myself), by any means necessary.

Rate your team skills:
- I have been a member of different groups at different levels, from regular member, to middle and upper leadership, to adviser. I have also served in Argo admin teams as a Moderator, Administrator, and Manager for Administration. So I have knowledge of how to work with people at different levels and different positions, in addition to the lessons I have learned from working in politics and organizational management IRL.

While I no longer remember all the positions I've held and the groups I joined in Argo, the ones I founded / led / revived myself are:
- Project ARISE, which sponsored 30+ events (2014)
- Argonath Express, Argo's oldest newspaper (2016, 2018)
- The Holy Church of Argonath (2021-Present, pictures/stories on topic)

Why do you want to join the [R*]clan:
- Like almost all the other old farts here (sad), I came to Argonath as a teenager, and am now a professional IRL with adult responsibilities, so I grew up here as well. Our community has fallen on hard times as players were lost to IRL responsibilities, client downfalls, and conflicts within the community, so I want to do my part as a player in helping rebuild Argo - something I can do as I now have the time to stick around after moving to a different city and settling into a new career since I last left. This pandemic also has helped me realize even more how fragile and fleeting things can be, so my reason for wanting to help rebuild is to preserve and pass on to the next 'generation/s' of players the opportunities we had while we grew up here, of meeting and having fun with others around the world.

While keeping the community alive (and growing it) is our collective responsibility as players (as well as Admins / Devs / HQ), I believe it starts with the contributions we make as individuals. So in my personal capacity, my ventures (especially the three groups I listed above) have been focused on trying to increase the level of roleplay and/or interaction on the server, both on my own and with the others who put their trust in me.

Should I be granted the opportunity to be a [R*] member, I hope to add my experience, creativity / imagination, abilities in organizing / fixing / managing things, and mission to help rebuild, to the history of Argonath's official developers' clan.

(Previous applications: 2009, 2010-2016, 2018)
Updated: Feb. 16, 2021
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

Discord: JDC#0664

• The one and only!
  • Moderators
Re: [R*] Application - JDC
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 22:35:21 pm »
Best of luck in your application.
Est. 29.10.2008 | 05.11.2015

• The one and only!
  • Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 14:49:48 pm »
Quick question: how do we know you won't go back inactive like in 2018?

Offline JDC

• Stranger
  • Pope of Argonath
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 15:10:37 pm »

I abruptly left in 2018 because of a chaotic IRL situation. My best friend passed away, I moved to a different city (within the same country), got more into political work for national elections (as part of an organization both my late friend and I were involved in), and worked with political and nonprofit organizations up until the pandemic. Things shifted so quickly that I was unable to maintain Argo activity and even say goodbye.

After a couple of years, things have settled down. I now live by myself, am taking 'easier' jobs as a Graphic Designer ('easy' and less stressful compared to my past work in political communications), and have decided to set part of my time for Argo. As things are stressful enough and the world fucky enough IRL, I decided that I want a part of my life to not be connected to my other responsibilities as an adult/professional. I have been happy to find that by returning here.

Looking at the big picture in life, I do not have the appetite for chaotic shifting things anymore. So I know that I am not going anywhere anytime soon. :)
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

Offline Tai

• Rock Star
    • ArgonathRPG Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 08:00:43 am »
Nice to see you applying! 😋

Code: [Select]
Funny... the forums emoticons don't work, but the emojis does. Why anyways using old fashioned emoticons instead of the universal emoji codes :D

Offline Kowalski

• Clan Lover
  • Ad Securos Imperium.
  • [VC:MP] FBI Special Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 08:47:59 am »
Good luck, JDC! ;)

FORMER: ARAF General of the Armed Forces (SA:MP) | EMS Chief (SA:MP) | SAFD Fire Chief (SA:MP) | SAPD Senior Officer (SA:MP) | SWAT Rookie (SA:MP)

CURRENT: LSPD Police Detective Inspector (V:MP) | FBI Special Agent (VC:MP) | Gruppe 6 Chief (IV:MP)

• The one and only!
  • Moderators
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 19:06:02 pm »

I abruptly left in 2018 because of a chaotic IRL situation. My best friend passed away, I moved to a different city (within the same country), got more into political work for national elections (as part of an organization both my late friend and I were involved in), and worked with political and nonprofit organizations up until the pandemic. Things shifted so quickly that I was unable to maintain Argo activity and even say goodbye.

After a couple of years, things have settled down. I now live by myself, am taking 'easier' jobs as a Graphic Designer ('easy' and less stressful compared to my past work in political communications), and have decided to set part of my time for Argo. As things are stressful enough and the world fucky enough IRL, I decided that I want a part of my life to not be connected to my other responsibilities as an adult/professional. I have been happy to find that by returning here.

Looking at the big picture in life, I do not have the appetite for chaotic shifting things anymore. So I know that I am not going anywhere anytime soon. :)

Thanks for the answer. Again best of luck!

Offline Ernst

• emmett / ernst svensson
  • SA:MP Senior Administrator
  • Rock Star
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 20:45:03 pm »
I wish you the best of luck!

• Rock Star
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 15:58:34 pm »
Yo Jud - Glad to see you around. Best of luck to you, on your application.

Argonath Minecraft Server Leader

Offline Sawyer

• ROGGENROLLA
  • Clan Manager
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 19:42:54 pm »
JDCstodds!

Offline JDC

• Stranger
  • Pope of Argonath
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 23:16:13 pm »
Thank you, everyone

JDCstodds!
Some things never change

• Former SA:MP Leader
  • Rock Star
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 03:16:39 am »
Had the chance to meet you and have some interactions during our time as samp staff, its nice to see you here. Good luck!

GTA, including images, characters and logos are intellectual property from Rockstar Games. Rockstar Games is a registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal